Michigan Center for Diabetes Translational Research: Methods and Measurement Core
The Methods and Measurement (M&M) Core’s mission is to assist investigators to design studies, collect data, and analyze data to examine questions related to the causes, prevention, and control of diabetes, its complications, and comorbidities. The M&M Core supports investigators through consultation and collaboration, leads work-in-progress sessions, develops and maintains centralized resources, and conducts workshops. In order to create economies of scale and leverage other resources, the M&M Core’s activities are coordinated with other UM Centers and Institutes to provide a comprehensive approach to support translational research in diabetes.
The specific Aims of the M&M Core are:
- To consult on the design, collection of data, and statistical analysis of behavioral, clinical, and health systems-related translational research studies focused on the causes, prevention and control of diabetes, its complications, and comorbidities.
- To conduct advanced biostatistical analyses, simulations, and data management in collaboration with funded investigators.
- To facilitate the use of the Michigan Model for Diabetes to evaluate the cost and health utilities of interventions and to rigorously assess cost-effectiveness.
- To support communication, collaboration and resources for investigators working on diabetes translational research, including the development and maintenance of web-based resources for both internal use and extramural dissemination.
The Core includes personnel with skills in epidemiologic methods; survey methodology; psychometric measurement; quality measurement and practice profiling; technical aspects of managing, merging, and analyzing large administrative and clinical databases; and advanced biostatistical analysis and economic modeling.
- Rodney A. Hayward, M.D., Director
- firstname.lastname@example.org, 734-647-4844
- Wen Ye, Ph.D., Associate Director
- email@example.com, 734-615-9051
- Timothy P. Hofer, M.D., M.Sc., Co-Investigator
- firstname.lastname@example.org, 734-845-3504
- Lisa A. Prosser, Ph.D., Co-Investigator
- email@example.com, 734-232-1077
- Robin Wylie, Programmer
- firstname.lastname@example.org, 734-615-9575